#OptOutside on the Circuit this Black Friday
Authored By: The Circuit Trails | November 27, 2019
In November, there two events take center stage: Thanksgiving and Black Friday. We eat and then we shop!
But in 2015, our friends at REI decided to do something unheard of in the retail world. They closed all their stores and website on Black Friday, forfeiting sales on one of the largest shopping days in the year. Instead of encouraging people to purchase their goods, they encouraged people to do something good for themselves by opting to spend the day outside. Thus their #OptOutside campaign was born. The inspiration for the campaign came from the desire to get more people outside, outdoors and away the materialistic need and wants that have become so common in our society.
This year, we challenge you to #OptOutside by getting #onthecircuit! Discover more than 330 miles of happiness on the trails right in your backyard. Bring your family from out of town on an exploration of one of your favorite trails or make new memories and adventure out to a trail you’ve never traveled to yet together!
Are you ready to #OptOutside? Use your day off to discover one of these trails #onthecircuit!
Bucks County, PA
- 202 Parkway Trail – 8.4 miles
- D&L Trail: Delaware Canal Towpath Morrisville to Easton – 59 miles
Burlington County, NJ
- Kinkora Trail – 13 miles
- Rancocas Greenway: Pemberton Rail Trail – 2.5 miles
Camden County, NJ
- Merchantville Trail – 1.5 miles
- Cooper River Trail – 3.7 miles
Chester County, PA
- Chester Valley Trail – 14 miles
- Brandywine Trail – 2.5 miles
Delaware County, Pa
- Radnor Trail – 2.4 miles
- Darby Creek Trail – 3 miles (not connected)
Gloucester County, NJ
- Monroe Township Bike Path – 6.3 miles
- Glassboro Elk Trail: Elephant Swamp Trail – 5 miles
Mercer County, PA
- Lawrence Hopewell Trail – 18 miles
- Johnson Trolley Line – 1.9 miles
Montgomery County, PA
- Cynwyd Heritage Trail – 2 miles
- Perkiomen Trail – 20 miles
Philadelphia County, PA
- Tacony Creek Trail – 3.2 miles
- John Heinz Refuge Trails – 10 miles
If you still really want to get some holiday shopping in, you’re in luck! Many of the trails have local shops along the way, featuring unique gifts, clothing and much more. We want to see how you #OptOutside this holiday. Be sure to tag us in all your posts with #onthecircuit on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Happy holidays and happy trailing!